Our member newsletter, entitled Ransom Notes, is published monthly for the entertainment and benefit of our members – here are ways to be a part of it, whether or not you are a member of the organization.
Submitters are responsible for all text, graphics, pictures, and accuracy of information, (Ransom Notes doesn’t have fact-checkers.) Any item exceeding an appropriate word count will not run. Address all questions or need of clarifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Businesses and professional services can effectively reach our membership of published and non-published authors, mystery fans, editors, and publishers by placing an ad in our newsletter. This is open to members and non-members.
- Horizontal dividing ads in the main body of the newsletter—$25
- Dimensions: 75px x 550px; at least 72dpi (or a 1:7.5-dimension ratio).
- Maximum of 3 per newsletter—one after President’s Notes, one after speaker/reader, one after Member Releases.
- Vertical ads in the main body of the newsletter—$25
- Dimensions: 550px x 75px at least 72dpi (7.5:1-dimension ratio).
- Maximum of 2 per newsletter—one beside President’s Notes and beside Member Appearances.
- Business card—$15
- Dimensions: 2:3.5 (unlimited number at conclusion of newsletter)
- Book covers—$6
- Members may add a book cover to new release announcements of 50 words or less.
- Art must be at least 72dpi. (No requirement on dimensions.)
TO PURCHASE AN AD IN RANSOM NOTES:
- Send correct payment via PayPal to: email@example.com
- Forward the “Payment Confirmation” and your artwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTHOR RELEASE, APPEARANCE SUBMISSIONS, AND ARTICLES:
The following is a members only opportunity.
We welcome items of interest to our membership, including writing-related opportunities, member award nominations or wins, member appearances, and member releases. Author Members receive up to 100 words at no charge. Information should be submitted in electronic format. Please put the copy into your email as well as sending an attachment. For appearances, include the name of the event, date, location, contact/website.
Magazines, websites, contests looking for submissions: if there is no entry charge to the author, your info will run free. INCLUDE: the name of the event, deadline date to enter (if applicable), date of contest/issue/etc., contact info and website. Specific submission guidelines will not be printed but they must be available on your website. Ransom Notes will not edit info; provide it accurately and completely. Only info mentioned above will be printed, no other info will be included. Deadline to submit via email is the 22nd of month for the following month’s issue.
Send all submissions to SinCLAEditor@gmail.com. Deadline for submissions is the 22nd of the month prior to the date of the issue.
Ransom Notes will accept articles written by SinC/LA members. The Ransom Notes Editor determines inclusion in each issue based upon relevance. This is a great opportunity to share experiences with fellow members. Articles must cover only writing-related news and information. Send a pitch for your article to SinCLAEditor@gmail.com to see if it fits upcoming needs and to verify your current membership eligibility for inclusion.