Sisters in Crime/Los Angeles
SoCal Mystery Writers of America
present the 2017
June 10 & 11, 2017 (Saturday & Sunday)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Westside
6161 West Centinela Avenue, Culver City, CA
with SPECIAL GUESTS:
WILLIAM KENT KRUEGER
- Two days of sessions featuring Craft, Forensics/Crime Solving, Publishing Industry, and Marketing experts
- Keynote Luncheons
- Networking Event Friday Evening
- Agent & Editor Cocktail Party Saturday Evening
- Manuscript Consults (additional fee)
- Book Room
- Charity Auction
***CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!***
Rooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles-Westside are available, however, only a limited number of rooms remain at the $169/night CCWC rate on Saturday. To secure the reduced Saturday rate, phone in your reservation to 866-819-5320 and mention CCWC.
LIKE √ California Crime Writers Conference on FACEBOOK
FOLLOW @CACrimeWrtrConf on TWITTER
Friday Night at CCWC:
Do you like your crime fiction hardboiled as a ten-minute egg? Do you like your cozy as sweet as Grandma’s apple pie? How about hearing the hardest boiled authors you know reading about the cat who solved the crime? Or listening to a cozy author describe death with a rusty knife? Join us for Miscast on a freaky Friday night before the conference starts, to hear authors of all genres switch places and read each other’s work. You’ll hear voices you know and love, reading the opposite of what they write.
Come on down to the Culver Club in the Doubletree lobby for a drink, a few laughs, and maybe a blush or two from our readers. It will be a reading like no other, featuring authors Glen Erik Hamilton, Harley Jane Kozak, Matt Coyle, Elaine Ash, Jeri Westerson, Kate Carlisle, SW Lauden, and Daryl Wood Gerber.
Friday, June 9
Lobby, DoubleTree by Hilton, Culver City
CALL FOR AUCTION DONATIONS
2017 California Crime Writers Conference Silent Auction and Raffle
Here’s an opportunity to bring attention to your work while raising money for the 2017 CCWC charities, the Libros Schmibros Lending Library and the California Forensic Science Institute. Auction and raffle donations are tax deductible.
- A character name in your next book or story
- A critique of a short story or first three chapters or more of a novel
- A signed copy of your latest book, out-of-print book, anthologies you’ve appeared in, or signed copies of the first two or three books of your series.
- Signed ARC’s or a copy of an original manuscript with notations
- Authors writing in multiple genres: a basket of a book from each genre.
- eBook authors can create fun gift certificates for redemption via email from the seller of the winner’s choice.
- Short story authors: a basket of magazine issues with your stories in print
- Themed baskets: If your work centers on a topic, profession, craft or hobby, include items connected to the characters or theme. (ex: magnifying glass, coffee gift card, candy, DVD of mystery or suspense film, craft items or samples)
- Baskets for readers: your work along with products for reading on vacation, in bed, or in the tub.
- Baskets for writers: writing books, notepad, pen, dictionary, chocolate, timer
Sample 2015 CCWC basket: Polyester Press Basket #2: Mad for Mod Series, $55
Blue basket with 1 copy Pillow Stalk, ARC of That Touch of Ink**, Rock Hudson & Doris Day movie collection boxed set, daisy pen, box of chocolates, assorted candies, and Polyester Press bookmark
If you plan to donate to this year’s auction, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, with a detailed list of items and fair market value for tax purposes. We will email you a confirmation with date and delivery information. NOTE: Baskets will NOT be accepted at the conference.
Donated items must be received by us no later than June 3, fully assembled in containers or baskets with an itemized list and catchy title. The auction committee will wrap containers in cellophane and add the bow.
You may also drop off baskets at the Sisters in Crime/LA May 7 chapter meeting.