Add a spark of mystery to your upcoming event!
The Sisters in Crime Los Angeles Speakers Bureau provides local libraries, book clubs, and organizations an array of authors to speak on the art and craft of writing the mystery/crime genre. We offer panels, lectures, discussions, or other ideas to suit your needs.
Sample panel topics include:
- Death in Short: The devious deviations between novels and short stories.
- Die Laughing: The funny side of murder mysteries.
- Killing It in Style: Art, fashion, and crime aren’t such strange bedfellows.
- Cherchez la Femme: The challenges and delights of writing a female sleuth.
- It’s a Mystery to Us: The writing process—where ideas come from, how characters are created, setting research techniques, and how the book gets written
- I Think I’ll Write a Book (Someday): How to get started on the road to publication.
SinC/LA published authors are available for events large and small throughout the greater Los Angeles area. To book an event at your venue—free of charge—contact Speakers Bureau Director Andrew Jetarski at SinCLAspeakersbureau@gmail.com.
Published SinC/LA members: to join the Speakers Bureau roster, fill out this short form with information about you and your books, along with a few searchable words related to the genre or niche in the keyword section.
Upcoming Speakers Bureau Events:
October 25—Lit Crawl L.A. Sisters in Crime/Los Angeles is participating in the 5th annual Lit Crawl
L.A. during Round 1 at 7 PM at Blastoff Comics & Books, 5118 Lankershim Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91601, in the NoHo Arts District. Details on theme and participants coming soon.
November 11, 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.—“How We Got Pulled Into Writing Crime & Mystery Fiction”—Nancy Cole Silverman moderating a luncheon panel with Jill Amadio, Shannon Muir Broden, and Pamela Samuels Young. AAUW E. San Gabriel Branch–Authors Faire, Hillcrest Meeting House at Hillcrest Retirement Center, 2705 Mountain View Drive, La Verne, CA 91750
February 22, 2018, 6 p.m.—Science Night Out at Paradise Canyon Elementary School. Students and parents will hear Anne Bannon, Paula Bernstein, and Sheila Lowe discuss how they use science in their crime and mystery fiction. Paradise Canyon Elementary School, 471 Knight Way, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
Recent Speakers Bureau Events:
A group of the 2017 SinC/LA anthology authors read excerpts from LAst Resort to a lively audience at The Last Bookstore, June 17…
And again, to a sell out crowd at Vroman’s Bookstore on July 8!