Submission Guidelines for the 2019 Anthology Fatally Haunted.
Haunted. This word lurks within our deepest emotions. It’s a fear we can’t let go of, or that won’t let go of us. It’s a place we dream of going, or a place we can never leave. An LAPD detective is haunted by the case she never solved. A Century City financial advisor is haunted by the greed he cannot escape. A bridge is haunted by ghosts of despair. In a city of 10 million people, the haunted could be the man waiting to cross the street, or the memory that keeps you awake at night.
1. Submissions open on February 15 and close at midnight on May 15, 2018.
2. Stories must be original and unpublished (print and/or online) and must include a murder or major crime.
3. Stories may be contemporary, historical, or set in the future.
4. Stories may be in any subgenre (cozy, noir, hardboiled, true crime, etc.).
5. Length must not exceed 7500 words.
6. Eligible stories will take place in or around Los Angeles, and will have a character at its center who is driven by the need resolve an intolerable situation.
7. Authors must be current members of Sisters in Crime / Los Angeles at the time of submission.
8. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Title, author, and word count must appear on the first page. Story must begin on the second page.
10. Submissions are blind. Author’s name must not appear on any page except the first page.
11. Submissions must be double-spaced.
12. Story title and page number must appear at the top of every page.
13. Each author may submit up to two stories. If both are selected, only one will be included in the anthology.