Since 1997, Sisters in Crime Los Angeles has proudly published biennial anthologies of original short stories written by members.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
FOR THE NEXT SISTERS IN CRIME/LA ANTHOLOGY!
Sometimes revenge is the only option for what’s gotten under the skin.
- Submissions open on March 1 2020 and close at 11:59 PM on May 17 2020.
- Stories must be original and unpublished (print and/or online) and must include a murder or major crime.
- Stories may take place in any time period, past, present, future or parallel universe.
- Stories may be in any subgenre (cozy, noir, hardboiled, true crime, etc.)
- Length must not exceed 7500 words.
- Eligible stories will take place in or around Los Angeles County.
- Authors must be members in good standing of Sisters in Crime/Los Angeles and Sisters in Crime National.
- Submissions should be sent to [email protected].
- You should have two documents as attachments to the email: a cover document and the story:
- Your actual name
- Your pen name, if you’re using one
- Your email address
- The story title
- The word count
- Your bio, 100 words or fewer.
- THE STORY
- Word, Word docx
- Times New Roman 12 pt font
- Double spaced
- 1” margins
- Use a centered ***** to indicate an intended white line break
- Center the story title in ALL CAPS on first page, line 1
- Start the body of the story two spaces below the title
- Page Headers: Include Title and page numbers ONLY in the upper right hand corner of the header of each page, including the first one.
- Conclude your story with the last line “THE END.”
- Submissions are blind. Author’s name must not appear on any page except for on the first page.
- Each author may submit up to two stories. If both are selected, only one will be included in the anthology.
- If your story is accepted, you will grant our publisher first publications rights for print and electronic versions of your story as part of the anthology AVENGING ANGELENOS. Individual authors retain all other rights to their respective stories. Full publication rights in print and electronic formats revert to the author eighteen months after publication. Courtesy expects a credit for first publication to our publisher to appear in subsequent publications. No royalties will be paid to individual authors. All included authors will receive a free copy of the Anthology, and have the ability to purchase additional print copies at a discounted rate.
Send an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Once you have submitted, if you do not receive an email from us indicating we’ve received your submission within 48 hours of your submitting it, please email us with the copy of your sent submission to [email protected].
The latest SinC/LA Anthology (AVAILABLE NOW):
FATALLY HAUNTED is available for order now at independent bookstores like Vroman’s and Mysterious Galaxy, or from other major booksellers such as Barnes and Noble and Amazon.
Considering featuring FATALLY HAUNTED for your book club? Find some suggested Discussion Questions below.
Librarians in Los Angeles County – if you have a Book Club at your library and want to find out how to bring some of FATALLY HAUNTED’s authors to your library, check our Speakers Bureau page for more information.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PAST ANTHOLOGIES: